Personally Identifiable Information
If you choose to provide us with PII on a DHS website, through such methods as completing a web form, we will use that information to help us provide you the information you want to find. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site.
If required by law, IP some information from server logs may collected and stored to provide to law enforcement authorities upon request including:
- Domain from which you access the Internet;
- IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when navigating the internet);
- Operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the site;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Content you visited or downloaded; and,
- Website (such as google.com or bing.com) or referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the website.
Third party links